November is a great time to visit Orlando, as the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller than during the peak summer season. You can enjoy the theme parks, explore the city’s many attractions, or simply relax and soak up the Florida sunshine.
From holiday festivals and events to outdoor activities and cultural experiences, there’s no shortage of things to do in Orlando in November.
Orlando Theme Parks in November
If you’re visiting Orlando in November, you’ll be happy to know that the theme parks are still going strong.
While the crowds may be lighter than in the summer months, there are still plenty of activities and events to enjoy.
The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a winter wonderland with beautiful holiday decorations, including a giant Christmas tree and a life-size gingerbread house.
Dates: November 9 to December 22, 2023
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a popular event at Magic Kingdom, featuring special holiday-themed parades, fireworks, and character meet-and-greets. The party takes place on select nights in November and December, and requires a separate ticket.
Holidays at Universal Orlando is a special event that takes place from mid-November to early January. The parks are transformed into a winter wonderland, with holiday decorations, special shows, and seasonal food and drinks.
SeaWorld Orlando is a popular destination for families, with attractions like dolphins, penguins, and killer whales.
- November 10, 2023 through January 2, 2024
In November and December, SeaWorld hosts its annual SeaWorld Christmas Celebration, featuring holiday-themed shows, live music, and festive decorations.
Festivals and Events
November is a great time to visit Orlando, Florida, as the holiday season is just around the corner!
Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for all the good things in our lives, and there’s no better place to celebrate than in Orlando.
Many restaurants and hotels in the city offer special Thanksgiving menus and events, so you can enjoy a delicious meal with your loved ones.
You can also attend the annual Turkey Trot, a 5K run that takes place on Thanksgiving morning.
Festival of Trees
The Festival of Trees is a popular holiday event that takes place in Orlando every November.
The event features beautifully decorated Christmas trees, wreaths, and gingerbread houses, all of which are available for purchase. You can also enjoy live entertainment, holiday shopping, and delicious food and drinks.
Fiesta in the Park
Date: November 4th and 5th, 2023, 10a-5p Saturday & Sunday
Fiesta in the Park is a two-day event that takes place in Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando.
The festival features over 600 artists, crafters, and food vendors, as well as live entertainment and a beer and wine garden.
Date: November 4, 2023
Pioneer Day is a fun event that takes place in the historic town of Kissimmee, just outside of Orlando.
The event celebrates the city’s pioneer heritage with live music, food vendors, and a parade.
If you’re a fan of live entertainment, Orlando has plenty of options for you in November. From concerts to cooking demonstrations, there’s something for everyone.
One popular event is the Eat to the Beat Concert Series at Epcot. This series features performances by popular artists every night during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
Dining and Shopping
When it comes to dining and shopping, Orlando has a lot to offer in November. Here are some of the best places to eat and shop in the city:
If you’re looking for a charming and quaint place to shop and dine, Main Street in downtown Orlando is the perfect spot. This pedestrian-friendly street is lined with shops, boutiques, and restaurants, making it a great place to spend an afternoon or evening. Check out the local shops that sell unique and handmade items, and grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants that offer outdoor seating.
Another great spot for shopping and dining is Winter Park, a charming city located just north of Orlando. This area is known for its upscale shopping and dining options, with many high-end boutiques and restaurants located in the area.
Take a stroll down Park Avenue and check out the shops and galleries, or grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants that offer outdoor seating.
If you’re looking for a more relaxed atmosphere, head to Hannibal Square, a historic district in Winter Park that is home to many local shops and restaurants.
Holiday Celebrations at Gaylord Palms
If you are looking for a festive way to celebrate the holidays in Orlando, look no further than Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center. The resort offers a variety of holiday events and activities that are sure to get you in the Christmas spirit.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms
One of the most popular events at Gaylord Palms during the holiday season is Christmas at Gaylord Palms. This event features a variety of holiday-themed activities, including:
- ICE! – an indoor winter wonderland made entirely of ice sculptures
- Carolers – enjoy live performances of classic Christmas carols
- Sea of Trees – a display of over 2 million twinkling lights and Christmas trees
- Celebrate Christ – a live nativity scene that tells the story of the birth of Jesus
In addition to the Christmas at Gaylord Palms event, the resort also offers a variety of other holiday activities and experiences. Some of these include:
- Snow Tubing – slide down a 15-foot-tall snow-covered hill
- Photos with Santa – take a photo with Santa Claus himself
- Gingerbread Decorating Corner – decorate your own gingerbread house
- Elf Training Academy – become an honorary elf and learn the skills needed to help Santa
Free Things to Do in Orlando in November
If you’re looking for free things to do in Orlando in November, you’re in luck. There are plenty of activities to enjoy without spending a dime. Here are some of the best free things to do in Orlando in November:
- Disney Springs: This Disney-inspired shopping mall has over 100 shops and 60 restaurants. It’s a great place to window shop, people-watch, and enjoy the festive holiday decorations.
- Winter Park Farmers’ Market: Every Saturday morning, the Winter Park Farmers’ Market offers free admission to its open-air market. Here, you can browse fresh produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts.
- Lake Eola Park: This scenic park in downtown Orlando is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Take a stroll around the lake, rent a swan-shaped paddleboat, or pack a picnic to enjoy in the grassy areas.
- Mennello Museum of American Art: On the second Sunday of every month, the Mennello Museum of American Art offers free admission. This museum features a collection of American art, including works by Earl Cunningham and folk artist Howard Finster.
- Disney’s BoardWalk: Take a stroll along Disney’s BoardWalk, a waterfront promenade that boasts free entertainment, street performers, and carnival games.
These are just a few of the many free things to do in Orlando in November. With a little research and planning, you can enjoy a fun-filled vacation without breaking the bank.
For those looking for a luxurious experience, some of the top hotels in Orlando include the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, and the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. These hotels offer world-class amenities and are located near some of the city’s top attractions.
If you’re on a budget, there are plenty of affordable options as well. Some of the best budget-friendly hotels in Orlando include the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, the Comfort Suites Orlando Airport, and the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel. These hotels offer comfortable accommodations at a fraction of the price of some of the more luxurious options.