With so many people working from home, creating a functional workspace is essential for better focus and productivity. If you’re tired of working at the dining room table or taking your Zoom calls in the back bedroom, this article is perfect for you.
Whether you have a small or large space, this article will share at-home office decorating ideas with pro interior designer tips for decorating the perfect work area for optimal efficiency.
This article may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a commission from the sale (at no extra cost to you!). I recommend items that I personally love and believe these products will help you create your dream home.
In this article, we will share ideas on how to execute each room or multipurpose space to help everyone in the home have a successful day!
So get ready to select your best room design, and we will share a complete list of options to execute your best budget-friendly workspace for your at-home office.
Decorating Ideas for Different Rooms
Here are a few tips to help you pick the best space for you.
1. Open loft spaces with a wall
Having the furniture laid out does not feel cluttered or overpowering to the space. Good colors are neutral tones that match the sofa, table, and wall art.
Pro Tip: In this room, it’s nice to use wallpaper to create an accent wall and add dimension to the space. You are not focused on the two desks and chairs to your left, but more on this designer wall.
2. Flex Space
If you have an open space in your home, such as a spare room that could be used for anything, this is a great place for a dedicated office. A flex space can be used for many things: a workshop space, studio, or just a simple office.
Whatever your work is, a great way to arrange this room is by keeping in mind what you need to accomplish all of your work. Remember, you have the entire room to work with, so be sure it is fully functional.
For example, if you sell products, you can have various stations to help you be more efficient in selling the products. You can have a space to record promotional videos, another space to make or package your products, and your desk and desk chair to do any computer work. Arranging your office in a flex space can help you produce your best work.
Pro Tip: Using this room allows you to move the desk around in many configurations. Just think about the background for your next zoom call or your promotional videos.
3. Small Corner of a Room
Maybe you don’t have a ton of space, then this idea is perfect for just that. To enliven the space, you can paint the wall where you will place your white or acrylic desk. Next, add a wall shelf and paint the closet door with chalk paint, a small desk, and a simple desk chair. This is an excellent location for a kid’s workspace, a hobby area, or even the corner of your living room.
Home Office Decorating on a Budget
There are many ways to decorate your office. You can choose to decorate to reflect your personality, or you can go with standard office décor.
The choice is completely up to you, but here are some great tips for budget-friendly at-home office decorating ideas if you’re not sure where to start!
1) Customize Your Desks
There are many ways to incorporate your personality into your office décor. The easiest way is by customizing your desks! You can use vinyl stickers or lettering to change the look of your desk to suit you better. These are affordable and easy ways to spruce up a room without breaking the bank.
2) Incorporate Natural Elements
Adding some living décor to the office is a great way to make it look more inviting. Some examples of natural elements are artificial plants, flowers, and even rocks. While these are not budget-friendly ideas for everyone, they are affordable for some people.
3) Choose Pictures With Meaning
Selecting pictures with meaning allows your values to shine through. For example, you can choose photos that remind you of important moments in your life or represent the goals you hope to achieve.
4) Add Color With Lights
If you’re on a budget, lighting is the best way to add color and ambiance to your office without spending too much money.
Using string lights or candles will help you to create a relaxing environment. This can make a big difference especially if you’re working in a small space.
5) Add an Area Rug
Adding an area rug is another affordable way to spruce up your office. You can find rugs online, in stores, or even at garage sales if you keep your eyes peeled! There are many ways to incorporate the perfect carpet for your office, so search until you find the perfect fit.
If you want to make your home office feel cozier, you can do a few things. Some easy tips are adding a rug, using string lights or candles, and selecting meaningful pictures.
You can also add warm colors with yellow lights. By incorporating these simple tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a cozy space that is perfect for productivity!
6) Office Supplies
Having the right office supplies is essential for productivity. Consider getting a bulletin board, pencil holder, file cabinets, and the necessary storage.
Modern Office Design Elements
There are a few key elements of a modern office. Some of these include an open floor plan, natural light, and comfortable furniture. This type of office is designed to be more inviting and encourage collaboration.
When decorating your home office, it’s important to create a simple and functional space that is also comfortable and stylish. For example, a white home office is modern, simple, and easy to design.
Here are some easy tips for creating a great home office on a budget:
- Keep the space clean and organized to promote productivity.
- Use minimal furniture and a storage unit or two to save space.
- Install a comfortable office chair and desk with a desk lamp to make working more enjoyable.
- Add decorative touches such as plants, artwork, or accessories to personalize the space.
Are you familiar with color psychology? Regarding office spaces, a few things are important to keep in mind. One of those things is the color palette.
A modern office space should have colors that are simple yet inviting. Although it is great to have color, use it sparingly, as too much color may overwhelm the space.
Here are five colors that will help you create a modern look for your office:
- Blue: Blue is a calming color that can help you focus. It’s also one of the most popular colors for offices, so it’s easy to find furniture and accessories in this color.
- Green: Green is the perfect color for a creative space. It’s relaxing and refreshing at the same time, making it ideal for an office environment.
- Yellow: Yellow is cheerful and optimistic, which can help inspire your employees to stay positive.
- Gray: A light gray color is great for a modern office because it feels professional and looks sleek. Just make sure you choose a shade that isn’t too dark.
- White: A white space is clean, bright, and welcoming. It also allows other colors to pop, making it perfect for an office space.
Be sure to create a color scheme that you like with your favorite colors, but also think about the color psychology with each of the colors listed above. They can help inspire a little creativity in you while you look for more small home office ideas!
Be sure to check out our recommendations for paint colors, which you can order directly through Amazon.
When choosing furniture for your office, select items that work well in a modern space.
For example, choose a comfortable chair and desk, opt for sleek lines instead of overly embellished pieces. A clean design will make the furniture feel more modern and inviting.
Here are five pieces of office furniture that work well in a modern space:
1. A glass-topped desk is sleek and simple, making it perfect for a modern office space. Glass is also an excellent material for desks because it feels clean and professional.
2. If you’re working with a tight budget, you can never go wrong with IKEA. They have some great options when it comes to office furniture! Many pieces in their furniture line are simple and minimalistic, making it easy to incorporate them into a modern office space.
3. When picking out chairs for your office, look for ones with clean lines. Also, consider purchasing adjustable chairs if multiple people work in your space. This will make it easier to share the chairs when necessary.
4. Storage is important in any office space, but you don’t want to overwhelm the room with bulky pieces of furniture. Instead, consider purchasing small storage units that can be used as décor while allowing employees to access their things easily. These types of units are also great for keeping items organized.
5. Although it can be tempting to go overboard when decorating your office, keeping the space simple and functional is important. Choose furniture that is clean and modern without being overly flashy or ornate.
This article provides easy at-home office decorating ideas for designing your home office on a budget. With these simple, functional, and stylish suggestions, creating the perfect space that accommodates your needs without breaking the bank is possible.
We hope this guide has given you new ideas for decorating your workspace, from color palette choices to furniture decisions. Remember: simplicity is key!