If you’re looking for a great place to spend your vacation, look no further than Orlando, Florida. With its world-famous amusement parks, water parks, and endless nightlife options, Orlando is perfect for anyone looking for a good time. There are so many fun things to do here, so what are you waiting for? Check out this article on the top things to do in Orlando for adults. You won’t be disappointed!
History of Orlando
Orlando, Florida, is a city located in Central Florida. It is best known as the home of Disney World and Universal Studios Florida. Orlando was founded in 1875 by General Abraham Lincoln Wilson and his group of settlers. They named it after Orlando Reeves, who was killed in the Mexican-American War. In his honor, the city was named Orlando.
Among the many things that make this city unique is that it offers many places to hang out with friends or family. There are several restaurants and bars in town, beautiful parks and gardens, museums, and much more to complete your list of weekend activities.
Orlando: A Trending City
Orlando is one of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the United States. The city’s population has exploded in recent years, and it shows no signs of slowing down.
Orlando’s growth is a sign of its success and vitality. The city is attracting new residents and businesses as its economy continues to grow stronger each year.
The city’s economy is diverse, with major sectors including professional and business services, financial services, trade/transportation/utilities, education, and health services, leisure and hospitality, manufacturing, government, information technology, construction, and natural resources. Not only does the metro area have a large number of Fortune 500 companies calling it home, but it also had the second-highest rate of economic growth in 2012.
The city consistently ranks as a top tourist destination globally with its variety of theme parks and attractions.
Many of my real estate clients are new to the area and I like to share top places to visit to get to know the city better!
Why Travel to Orlando, Florida
Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando are two of the most popular travel destinations in the world. With so many things to do, you’ll never be bored on this trip! Whether you want to explore some of Disney’s most iconic roller coasters or see what new attractions Universal has created for its guests, there is something for everyone at these theme parks.
One of the best parts about both parks is that they have a variety of different options. If you don’t like rollercoasters, then no worries because plenty of other activities such as shows and parades will keep your attention all day long.
Once you have decided to travel to Orlando, it’s time to book your accommodation. There are many hotels and resorts located in the area that offer different amenities depending on your needs. Some of these options include pools, shuttle services, and free breakfast.
Make sure you know which of the two parks has the rides and attractions that interest you most because there is a lot to do! You can purchase passes separately, but some hotels offer packages that allow guests to visit both locations for one price.
Top Things to do in Orlando for Adults
Orlando is one of the largest cities in Florida. With so many things to do, we have simplified choosing this activity by creating this guide that shares the best things to do in the area.
1) Wall Crawl
For some fun impromptu photoshoots in Downtown Orlando, you can have a fun experience at Wall Crawl. This is a memorable option for family or friends. Wall Crawl offers seasonally-themed rooms that are engaging and so much fun.
Wall Crawl has a large number of creative photo walls with props. Their talented artists create dynamic photo stations for you to get the perfect photos to remember your Orlando experience.
After going through Wall Crawl, they will provide you with your photos in either a digital or printed format.
This photo studio is a must-visit and loves to share the following values.
- Spreading joy: They are dedicated to bringing color and creativity to public places.
- Encouraging creativity: They are dedicated to delivering a fun and enjoyable atmosphere in which you may engage, interact and connect with those you came with.
- Building community: They are dedicated to establishing a location in Orlando where artists, photographers, and individuals seeking exceptional images may interact.
- Giving back: They are dedicated to making a positive influence on our community as well as giving back.
- Radical customer service: They are dedicated to providing outstanding client service and making your photo aspirations a reality.
2) East End Market
Located close to Downtown Orlando in Audubon Park. East End Market includes a food hall, event spaces, and a garden.
East End Market Orlando is a local market that features fresh produce, artisan foods, and a variety of local merchants. It’s the perfect place to find unique gifts, delicious eats, and everything in between.
East End Market has a food hall that has many delicious food options, including vegan food as well! There’s a great selection of vendors with most being very clearly marked for their vegan items.
Some of our other favorite food vendors at East End Market are;
- Winter Park Biscuit Company serves delicious vegan food such as items related to its namesake Chik Biscuit Sandwiches, Biscuits & Gravy, and Seasonal Fruit Shortcakes.
- Dochi offers mouthwatering Japanese mochi donuts.
- Domu provides Asian noodles and craft cocktails.
- Farm & Haus is an award-winning eatery that uses seasonal, quality, and local ingredients to create “healthy comfort foods” that are made from scratch.
- Skybird Juice Bar is a vegan juice bar that uses the best mix of local and organic produce to make its smoothies, juices, and homemade meals.
Some other shopping merchants at East End Market include;
- La Boutique by LFdF offers funky and sustainable gifts.
- Porch Therapy shares inspired floral arrangements as well as gifts for your home.
- Freehand Goods features small-batch, homemade goods from local artisans.
Come visit East End Market to get a taste of Orlando’s up-and-coming local businesses.
3) Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection is a magnificent hotel that offers guests a unique and luxurious experience. This hotel features beautiful accommodations, excellent amenities, and wonderful service. Guests will enjoy relaxing in their spacious room, taking a swim in the pool, or dining in the delicious on-site restaurant. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection is the perfect place to stay for an Orlando vacation.
The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection is located in the Thornton Park district of downtown Orlando. The hotel offers guests a fantastic location that is close to many exciting attractions. Guests will be able to walk to many shops and restaurants from this location, making it easy to enjoy all of the wonderful amenities that are available in this area. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection is an excellent place to stay for vacationers who want to explore the city.
The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection rooms are luxurious and spacious. Guests will enjoy their room that comes with gorgeous furniture, a comfortable bed, and wonderful amenities. Each room features interesting murals that were hand-painted by local artisans. Guests will also enjoy the large bathroom that is fitted with beautiful granite countertops and plush towels.
The hotel features traditional southern food at its on-site restaurant, The Boheme. This restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere that will make guests feel comfortable as they enjoy their meal. Guests can also enjoy a drink at the hotel’s upscale bar. There is live music offered several times throughout the week, so visitors will be able to stay entertained while they enjoy a relaxing drink and delicious meal. The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection is a great place to eat and unwind.
The Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection offers guests an excellent stay in an upscale setting. This hotel features wonderful amenities that will make visitors comfortable and entertained throughout their stay in the city. Visitors who want to explore downtown Orlando should stay at this hotel, as it is conveniently located and offers fantastic accommodations. This hotel is a great place to stay for vacationers in the city.
4) Lake Eola Park
Lake Eola Park is a beautiful public park in the heart of Orlando, Florida. The park is one of the top things to do in Orlando for adults because it is home to a stunning lake that is surrounded by a walking path, as well as plenty of lush green space which is perfect for picnics and relaxation.
In addition to its natural beauty, Lake Eola Park is also home to a variety of interesting attractions, including a farmers market, an amphitheater, and a playground. Be sure to check out the Farmers Market on Sunday mornings, ride the swans around the lake anytime, or just hang out and meet new people.
Some activities available to park visitors include:
- Renting swan-shaped paddle boats
- Photographing the live swans and other birds inhabiting the park
- Seeing a concert, movie, or play in the Walt Disney Amphitheater
- Grabbing a bite to eat at local restaurants
- Relaxing amid beautiful flower beds and a spectacular view of Orlando’s skyline
Lake Eola Park also has some fun events. Be sure to check out their calendar to see what shows or activities they have during the time of your visit.
Some of our favorite restaurants to visit in Lake Eola Park are:
- Relax Grill offers a casual lakeside restaurant with patio seating. They offer a covered bar that serves Mediterranean and American eats.
- World of Beer is a fully stocked beer bar with over 500 global beers. If you are a beer aficionado, this will be a great place to hang out!
- Osphere Neighborhood Grill and Bar is right off of Lake Eola Park and features eclectic New American dishes that are served in airy surroundings with outdoor seats overlooking the lake.
The park is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike, and it’s easy to see why – there’s something for everyone at Lake Eola Park!
5) Canvas Restaurant & Market
Canvas Restaurant & Market is a memorable dining experience in Orlando, Florida. With the ambiance of an old-fashioned general store and the cuisine of a high-end restaurant, Canvas Restaurant & Market provides a novel place to eat while exploring downtown Orlando.
Located on the first floor of the new City Commons building, just steps away from Lake Eola Park and Thornton Park, Canvas Restaurant & Market reflects Orlando’s creative culture through its eclectic menu. Dishes are prepared with locally sourced ingredients to provide a truly unique Florida dining experience.
On Thursday evenings at Canvas, guests can enjoy live music while they dine. A rotating schedule of some of Orlando’s best local musicians performs jazz, electronic, rock, and soul music that is sure to delight. Canvas specializes in craft cocktails, fresh juices, and smoothies. Its full bar also serves wines on tap, bottled beers, and organic wines for those who are looking for non-alcoholic refreshments.
6) Southern Hill Farms
Want to pick strawberries or hang out in their seasonal sunflower fields? Southern Hill Farms is a great place to visit if you’re looking for something fun to do in Orlando, Florida.
They have a variety of different activities available such as;
- Picking strawberries
- Hanging out in their seasonal sunflower fields
- Listen to live music
- And eat at one of their food trucks.
Plus, their prices are very reasonable, which makes it a great option for budget-minded travelers.
Southern Hill Farms is open all year round and offers fruits and flowers that are in season.
7) Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards
Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards is a family-owned and operated winery in Orlando, Florida. The vineyard was first planted in 1981 and opened for business just three years later.
Today the vines produce over 60,000 cases of wine each year, including many award-winning varieties. Lakeridge’s wines have won more than 500 medals and awards from competitions all over the world since it opened its doors to visitors as well as wine lovers alike.
Visitors can enjoy free tours at the winery where they’ll learn about how Lakeridge produces such amazing wines using sustainable farming practices that don’t harm our environment or community. With so much variety on offer, you’re sure to find your favorite style of wine here!
A mix of everything located in Clermont, FL. Wine, food, and fresh air!
8) Plant St. Market in Winter Garden, FL
If you’re looking for a unique and eclectic shopping experience, be sure to check out Plant St. Market in Winter Garden, Florida. This market is home to a variety of different vendors who sell everything from fresh produce and flowers to handmade jewelry and art.
Located in the heart of downtown Winter Garden, Plant St. Market is the perfect place to spend an afternoon browsing through all sorts of different booths and discovering new treasures.
This local community market is located in the historic downtown Winter Garden. They offer a mix of vendors, food, and products plus 20 vendors featuring natural, organic food and handmade products in one location.
The historic town of Winter Garden, Florida was founded in 1881 by William A. Bell. He and his brother, Isaiah, purchased a large tract of land in the area and divided it into small farms. The town got its name from a group of settlers who came from Winter Garden, New York.
9) Museum of Illusions
Museum of Illusions is one of Orlando’s newest and most unusual attractions.
The Museum of Illusions is a new and exciting museum in Orlando, Florida that explores the world of optical illusions. The museum has three floors with six exhibits on each floor.
These exhibits are designed to trick your mind into seeing things that aren’t really there like an elephant made out of people or a hallway that seems to go on forever when it doesn’t actually exist!
It also features interactive displays including ball pits for children and mirrors so you can see what it feels like being tall, short, fat, or skinny! This one-of-a-kind family-friendly experience will have everyone talking about how great it was!
10) ICON Park & International Drive
International Drive is one of the longest roads in Orlando. It spans about 5 miles and contains many different attractions, restaurants, hotels, stores, etc. This is one of the most complete areas in Orlando offering over 50 different activities and attractions to choose from. International Drive is one of the top things to do in Orlando for adults.
Some of the best attractions to visit are:
- Play a round of golf at Top Golf
- Explore the entire strip with the I-Ride Trolly Service.
- Have a dine-in experience at Pirates Dinner Adventure.
- Relax and unwind at I-Drive Spa.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with high-speed go-karts at Andretti Indoor Karting and Games.
- Dave & Busters offers an experience to eat, play, and drink.
- Ride Orlando’s only wooden roller coaster, White Lighting, at Fun Spot America.
- Swing 450 feet above the ground at speeds up to 45 mph on International Drive’s newest and tallest tower, Orlando Star Flyer.
- View the entire strip from The Wheel at the ICON Park.
- Laugh and have a phenomenal time at the Orlando Improve Comedy Club.
These are just 10 of the 50+ activities this strip has to offer. To learn more, visit their website and get a full list of activities, restaurants, and attractions on International Drive.
11) Park Avenue in Winter Park
Winter Park offers shopping, dining, and cultural experience with over 140 boutiques, sidewalk cafes, and museums. This area offers such a diverse amount of activities, you can surely plan your entire trip around special events such as exotic car shows, concerts, art shows, fashion events, and holiday festivals.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay near Park Avenue, The Alfond Inn is the best place! The Alfond Inn is within walking distance of Park Ave, so you can fully enjoy all that Park Avenue has to offer.
Park Avenue also has plenty of dining options to choose from. Some of our favorites are;
- The Wine Room on Park Avenue is one of our favorite places to eat in Winter Park. This wine bar and restaurant offer a unique and intimate setting with a menu that will please everyone. They offer small plates, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, and desserts. One of our favorite items on the menu is the truffle fries! The Wine Room also has a great wine selection with over 100 different wines to choose from. They also offer wine tastings so be sure to visit their website to see when it’s available.
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a new and unique restaurant in Winter Park that offers Mediterranean cuisine with a Turkish flair. Bosphorous offers a wide variety of dishes such as; Lamb Shish Kebab, Chicken Shish Kebab, Adana Kebap, Doner Kebap, Pide, and Moussaka. Halal food is also available. Bosphorous also has a full bar with a wide variety of drinks to choose from. They offer wine, beer, cocktails, and non-alcoholic drinks. Some of our favorite cocktails are the; Turkish Margarita, Bosphorous Martini, and the Pomegranate Martini.
- Café de France is a French restaurant located in Winter Park. The restaurant has been in business for over 20 years, and it serves traditional French cuisine. The menu includes dishes like escargot and steak tartare. The restaurant also has a wine list that features wines from all over France. Café de France is open for lunch and dinner, and it offers catering services for special events
- Panullos Italian Restaurant is a great place to go for a date night. The food is amazing and the service is wonderful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a romantic evening out.
If you’re looking for a unique shopping experience, Winter Park is the place to be. Park Avenue is home to a variety of boutiques and specialty stores, many of which are exclusive to the area.
You’ll find everything from clothing and accessories to home decor and gourmet food here. So whether you’re in the market for a new outfit or some holiday gifts, Park Avenue is sure to have what you’re looking for.
12) Dr. Phillips
The affluent Dr. Phillips suburb is a must-visit for a top-notch Orlando experience. This neighborhood has elegant estates, golf courses, and fine dining. Within Dr. Phillips, there are luxury spas, fitness studios, shops, and top-rated restaurants. A stretch known as Restaurant Row houses an array of upscale cuisine.
Some of our favorite restaurants are:
- Eddie Vs Prime Seafood is a restaurant in Dr. Phillips that offers fresh seafood options. The restaurant has a variety of items on the menu, including salads, soups, appetizers, and entrees. There are also several gluten-free and vegan options available. This restaurant is definitely a fine dining experience.
- Although Roccos Tacos is not considered fine dining, this restaurant is always packed. It’s no wonder since their guacamole and craft cocktails are amazing! This place is a great environment to hang out with friends and have a good time.
- The Corona Cigar Company is a small business that has been family-owned and operated for over three decades. They make and sell cigars out of their shop, and they also do custom cigar blending. This is a place where a lot of locals like to hang out.
- The H is a high-end steakhouse that prides itself on the quality selections they offer. Plus, they have an ample list of handcrafted cocktails and a large wine list.
13) Disney Springs
Last but not least, Disney Springs is one of the most sought-after places in Orlando, Florida. Disney Springs is perfect if you love to shop at specialty stores and enjoy the live entertainment! Luckily, if you visit Orlando just for the iconic Dinsey Experience, you will find everything you need in Disney Springs. This section will share the best places to stay, shop, eat, and enjoy.
Hotel & Resorts
Disney Spring is home to many fun and unique hotels. We have listed our favorite hotels and resorts for you to choose from. The benefit of staying in a resort in Disney Springs is that you will also get access to discounts for all of Disney theme parks.
Here are our top choices in Disney Springs:
1. The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is a resort located in the Walt Disney World Resort, in Orlando, Florida. It is owned and operated by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
This resort is a blast because it offers something for everyone. There are amazing restaurants, fun pool areas, and great bars. You can also find plenty of activities to keep you busy, such as golf, tennis, and bike rentals. The resort is located close to many Disney attractions, so it’s easy for you to spend the day at the parks and be back in time for dinner.
The rooms at this hotel are luxurious. You will sleep like a queen (or king) on their comfortable beds with plush pillows and coverlets. Each room has free WiFi access, so you can check in with the outside world every once in a while. The rooms also come equipped with flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, and microwaves, so you never have to worry about staying hungry during your stay.
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin feature two award-winning restaurants for guests to enjoy. These amazing eateries offer delicious cuisine in an otherworldly setting.
2. Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is a hotel in the Walt Disney World Resort. The hotel offers a range of services and facilities, including a spa, fitness center, and pool. The hotel is also home to three restaurants, including an all-day dining option, and two lounges.
This luxurious hotel is located in the heart of Walt Disney World Resort. The hotel offers guests convenient access to all of the magic and excitement that this world-famous attraction has to offer. Guests can enjoy amazing views of the Disney Springs area from the comfort of their rooms. The hotel also features a variety of on-site dining options, as well as a heated pool and lazy river.
The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista features delicious restaurants. Their award-winning restaurants offer guests a huge variety of delicious meals, as well as amazing views. The hotel itself features suites that add to the already luxurious experience at this WDW resort hotel.
All in all, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista offers guests a convenient stay in an exciting locale. With countless dining options, award-winning restaurants, and luxurious rooms, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista has everything you need to make your vacation truly magical.
Both The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista and The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort’s location gives guests access to all of the excitement at Walt Disney World Resort. Guests can take advantage of easy access to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney Springs. A variety of dining options are available through the hotel.
Disney Springs offers a huge selection of shopping and dining. It features four distinct neighborhoods: The Landing, Town Center, Marketplace, and West Side.
The Landing is the port district and features waterfront dining and shopping, including The BOATHOUSE: A Modern Dining Experience, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, and Morimoto Asia.
Town Center is the main shopping district and features flagship stores for Apple, Zara, Nike, and Under Armour.
The Marketplace is an outdoor-style marketplace with food trucks and kiosks.
West Side is a nightlife and entertainment district with bars, restaurants, and live music venues.
Some of the benefits of shopping and dining at Disney Springs include the West Side Symphony in the Stars, which begins nightly. The show features lights, lasers, and Disney music such as “Pinocchio” and “The Lion King.”
Additionally, Disney Springs offers outdoor entertainment such as live trivia games, character meetups, and dance parties. Disney Springs also offers free things and entertainment such as the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular, which includes lightsabers, dancers, projections of characters like Darth Vader and Chewbacca on nearby buildings, and lots of fireworks. Plus, there are always lighted roads for bicyclists to experience.
The dining options in Disney Springs are endless. There is definitely something for everyone! Some of our favorite restaurants in Disney Springs are;
1. House of Blues Restaurant and Bar
House of Blues is one of the most popular restaurants and bars in Orlando Springs. It offers a unique dining experience that combines Southern cuisine with live music. The restaurant is also known for its signature cocktails and extensive wine list.
House of Blues is the perfect place to enjoy a meal with friends or the whole family. The restaurant offers something for everyone, including appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, and entrees. The bar is also a great place to relax and enjoy a drink. House of Blues has something for everyone, so be sure to check it out when you’re in Orlando Springs!
2. The Boathouse Restaurant
If you’re looking for an amazing waterfront dining experience, The Boathouse Restaurant in Orlando is definitely worth checking out. This award-winning establishment offers stunning views of Lake Buena Vista, as well as delicious cuisine and attentive service. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want to treat yourself to a nice evening out, The Boathouse Restaurant is a go-to restaurant!
3. Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe is located in Orlando, Florida. The restaurant offers American and international cuisine in a comfortable setting. Wolfgang Puck is the celebrity chef behind the restaurant and he has become known for his signature dishes like pizzas and salads.
The Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe menu features a wide variety of dishes, so there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Disney Springs does not fall short of providing out-of-this-world and unique experiences. Here, you can experience;
- Hot air balloon rides with Aerophile
- Live music at the waterside stage in AdventHealth
- AMC 24 hour dine-in theater
- Disney Characters Photo-Op
- Cirque Du Soleil
- And more!
To view a current update of the activities, visit Disney’s Spring’s website.
14) The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Whether or not you were ever a fan of Harry Potter or read the books, everyone can enjoy a day exploring the best places at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Head to The Hopping Pot to try the world-famous Butterbeer Beer or try a draught beer like the Wizard’s Brew.
For a delicious meal (likely prepared by the house elves), head to the Leaky Cauldron or the Three Broomsticks. They serve break, lunch, and dinner. Take a stroll through all the shops in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. And take a picture in front of Platform 9 and 3/4!
The food and adult beverages make it a fun adventure for adults. The rides happen to be a big bonus!
15) Universal CityWalk
Say hello to the entertainment complex of all entertainment complexes. Universal CityWalk has an array of dining, shopping, and entertainment. It’s located between Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. But don’t worry, you don’t need to purchase theme park tickets to enjoy the CityWalk.
Final Thoughts: Things to Do in Orlando for Adults
All in all, Orlando is one of the best cities to visit. Here, you will have a phenomenal time with your family and friends. With the world-class entertainment, along with endless dining options, there is no doubt that you will have an unforgettable time. If you are visiting Orlando, be sure to download our guide so you have direct access to the top things to do in Orlando for adults.
Here are more resources on Florida Travel: