If you’re looking for a great place to spend your vacation, look no further than Orlando, Florida. With its world-famous amusement parks, water parks, and endless nightlife options, Orlando is perfect for anyone looking for a good time. There are so many fun things to do here, so what are you waiting for? Check out this article on the top things to do in Orlando for adults. You won’t be disappointed!
Best Places for Adults to Hangout in Orlando
Orlando is one of the largest cities in Florida. With so many things to do, we have simplified choosing this activity by creating this guide that shares the best things to do in the area.
1) Wall Street Plaza
Wall Street Plaza is the best place to hang out in Orlando. This sprawling complex offers some of the best bars and restaurants in town, as well as an incredible nightlife scene.
This is the place to be on Halloween or St. Patrick’s Day if you love to dress in costume and have a good time! With a variety of events happening all year round, you can bet there will always be something that entertains you.
Here are some bars worth checking out when you visit Wall Street Plaza:
- Hooch: Come and join in the hustle and bustle of this cozy neighborhood bar! It offers both indoor and outdoor seating, tasty eats to fill your tummy, flavored moonshine for those who want to indulge a bit more, as well as TV sports action if you’re looking to keep up with games.
- The Monkey Bar: A laidback martini lounge that overlooks downtown and serves creative cocktails
2) East End Market
East End Market is a local market that features fresh produce, artisan foods, and a variety of local merchants. It’s the perfect place to find unique gifts, delicious eats, and everything in between.
East End Market has a food hall that has many delicious food options, including vegan food as well! There’s a great selection of vendors with most being very clearly marked for their vegan items.
Some of our other favorite food vendors at East End Market are;
- Winter Park Biscuit Company serves delicious vegan food such as items related to its namesake Chik Biscuit Sandwiches, Biscuits & Gravy, and Seasonal Fruit Shortcakes.
- Dochi offers mouthwatering Japanese mochi donuts.
- Domu provides Asian noodles and craft cocktails.
- Farm & Haus is an award-winning eatery that uses seasonal, quality, and local ingredients to create “healthy comfort foods” that are made from scratch.
- Skybird Juice Bar is a vegan juice bar that uses the best mix of local and organic produce to make its smoothies, juices, and homemade meals.
Some other shopping merchants at East End Market include;
- La Boutique by LFdF offers funky and sustainable gifts.
- Porch Therapy shares inspired floral arrangements as well as gifts for your home.
- Freehand Goods features small-batch, homemade goods from local artisans.
Come visit East End Market to get a taste of Orlando’s up-and-coming local businesses.
3) Pointe Orlando
Pointe Orlando is one of the best shopping and entertainment destinations in town. You will find it on International Drive across from the Orange County Convention Center. Here, you can find a variety of restaurants, bars, retail stores, and entertainment.
First, let’s cover entertainment:
- Main Event Orlando is a great place for the whole family because there is an arcade, billiards, bowling alley, and laser tag!
4) Lake Eola Park
Lake Eola Park is a beautiful public park in the heart of Orlando, Florida. The park is one of the top things to do in Orlando for adults because it is home to a stunning lake that is surrounded by a walking path, as well as plenty of lush green space which is perfect for picnics and relaxation.
In addition to its natural beauty, Lake Eola Park is also home to a variety of interesting attractions, including a farmers market, an amphitheater, and a playground. Be sure to check out the Farmers Market on Sunday mornings, ride the swans around the lake anytime, or just hang out and meet new people.
Some activities available to park visitors include:
- Renting swan-shaped paddle boats
- Photographing the live swans and other birds inhabiting the park
- Seeing a concert, movie, or play in the Walt Disney Amphitheater
- Grabbing a bite to eat at local restaurants
- Relaxing amid beautiful flower beds and a spectacular view of Orlando’s skyline
5) Canvas Restaurant & Market
Canvas Restaurant & Market is a memorable dining experience in Lake Nona’s Laureate Park area!
On Thursday evenings at Canvas, guests can enjoy live music while they dine. A rotating schedule of some of Orlando’s best local musicians performs jazz, electronic, rock, and soul music that is sure to delight.
Canvas specializes in craft cocktails, fresh juices, and smoothies. Its full bar also serves wines on tap, bottled beers, and organic wines for those who are looking for non-alcoholic refreshments.
Related: 19 Best Places to Eat Breakfast in Orlando
6) Southern Hill Farms
Want to pick strawberries or hang out in their seasonal sunflower fields? Southern Hill Farms is a great place to visit if you’re looking for something fun to do in Orlando, Florida.
They have a variety of different activities available such as:
- Picking strawberries
- Hanging out in their seasonal sunflower fields
- Listen to live music
- And eat at one of their food trucks.
Southern Hill Farms is open all year round and offers fruits and flowers that are in season.
7) Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards
Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards is a family-owned and operated winery in Clermont, Florida. The vineyard was first planted in 1981 and opened for business just three years later.
Today the vines produce over 60,000 cases of wine each year, including many award-winning varieties. Lakeridge’s wines have won more than 500 medals and awards from competitions all over the world since it opened its doors to visitors as well as wine lovers alike.
Visitors can enjoy free tours at the winery where they’ll learn about how Lakeridge produces such amazing wines using sustainable farming practices that don’t harm our environment or community. With so much variety on offer, you’re sure to find your favorite style of wine here!
8) Plant St. Market in Winter Garden
If you’re looking for a unique and eclectic shopping experience, be sure to check out Plant St. Market in Winter Garden, Florida. This market is home to a variety of different vendors who sell everything from fresh produce and flowers to handmade jewelry and art.
This local community market is located in the historic downtown Winter Garden. They offer a mix of vendors, food, and products plus 20 vendors featuring natural, organic food and handmade products in one location.
9) Museum of Illusions
Museum of Illusions is one of Orlando’s newest and most unusual attractions.
The Museum of Illusions is a new and exciting museum in Orlando, Florida that explores the world of optical illusions. The museum has three floors with six exhibits on each floor.
These exhibits are designed to trick your mind into seeing things that aren’t really there like an elephant made out of people or a hallway that seems to go on forever when it doesn’t actually exist!
It also features interactive displays including ball pits for children and mirrors so you can see what it feels like being tall, short, fat, or skinny! This one-of-a-kind family-friendly experience will have everyone talking about how great it was!
10) ICON Park & International Drive
International Drive is one of the longest roads in Orlando. It spans about 5 miles and contains many different attractions, restaurants, hotels, stores, etc. This is one of the most complete areas in Orlando, offering over 50 different activities and attractions to choose from.
Some of the best attractions to visit are:
- Play a round of golf at Top Golf
- Explore the entire strip with the I-Ride Trolly Service.
- Have a dine-in experience at Pirates Dinner Adventure.
- Relax and unwind at I-Drive Spa.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with high-speed go-karts at Andretti Indoor Karting and Games.
- Dave & Busters offers an experience to eat, play, and drink.
- Ride Orlando’s only wooden roller coaster, White Lighting, at Fun Spot America.
- Swing 450 feet above the ground at speeds up to 45 mph on International Drive’s newest and tallest tower, Orlando Star Flyer.
- View the entire strip from The Wheel at the ICON Park.
- Laugh and have a phenomenal time at the Orlando Improve Comedy Club.
11) Park Avenue in Winter Park
Winter Park offers shopping, dining, and cultural experience with over 140 boutiques, sidewalk cafes, and museums. This area offers such a diverse amount of activities, you can surely plan your entire trip around special events such as exotic car shows, concerts, art shows, fashion events, and holiday festivals.
Park Avenue also has plenty of dining options to choose from. Some of our favorites include:
The Wine Room on Park Avenue is one of our favorite places to eat in Winter Park. This wine bar and restaurant offer a unique and intimate setting with a menu that will please everyone. They offer small plates, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, and desserts. One of our favorite items on the menu is the truffle fries!
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a new and unique restaurant in Winter Park that offers Mediterranean cuisine with a Turkish flair. Bosphorous offers a wide variety of dishes such as; Lamb Shish Kebab, Chicken Shish Kebab, Adana Kebap, Doner Kebap, Pide, and Moussaka.
Café de France is a French restaurant located in Winter Park. The restaurant has been in business for over 20 years and serves traditional French cuisine. The menu includes dishes like escargot and steak tartare.
12) Dr. Phillips
The affluent Dr. Phillips suburb is a must-visit for a top-notch Orlando experience. This neighborhood has elegant estates, golf courses, and fine dining. There are luxury spas, fitness studios, shops, and top-rated restaurants within Dr. Phillips.
Some of our favorite places to hang out and socialize in Dr. Phillips are:
- Eddie Vs Prime Seafood is a restaurant in Dr. Phillips that offers fresh seafood options.
- Although Roccos Tacos is not considered fine dining, this restaurant is always packed. It’s no wonder since their guacamole and craft cocktails are unique!
- The Corona Cigar Company is a small business that has been family-owned and operated for over three decades. They make and sell cigars out of their shop and do custom cigar blending.
- The H is a high-end steakhouse that prides itself on the quality selections they offer. Plus, they have an ample list of handcrafted cocktails and an extensive wine list.
13) Disney Springs
Disney Springs is one of the most sought-after places in Orlando, Florida. Disney Springs is perfect if you love to shop at specialty stores and enjoy the live entertainment! Luckily, if you visit Orlando just for the iconic Dinsey Experience, you will find everything you need in Disney Springs. This section will share the best places to stay, shop, eat, and enjoy.
Disney Springs offers a huge selection of shopping and dining. It features four distinct neighborhoods: The Landing, Town Center, Marketplace, and West Side.
- The Landing is the port district and features waterfront dining and shopping, including The BOATHOUSE: A Modern Dining Experience, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, and Morimoto Asia.
- Town Center is the main shopping district and features Apple, Zara, Nike, and Under Armour flagship stores.
- The Marketplace is an outdoor-style marketplace with food trucks and kiosks.
- West Side is a nightlife and entertainment district with bars, restaurants, and live music venues.
Some benefits of shopping and dining at Disney Springs include the West Side Symphony in the Stars, which begins nightly. The show features lights, lasers, and Disney music such as “Pinocchio” and “The Lion King.”
If you’re looking for an amazing waterfront dining experience, The Boathouse Restaurant in Orlando is definitely worth checking out. This award-winning establishment offers stunning views of Lake Buena Vista, as well as delicious cuisine and attentive service. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want to treat yourself to a nice evening out, The Boathouse Restaurant is a go-to restaurant!
14) The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Whether or not you were ever a fan of Harry Potter or read the books, everyone can enjoy a day exploring the best places at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Head to The Hopping Pot to try the world-famous Butterbeer Beer or try a draught beer like the Wizard’s Brew.
Head to the Leaky Cauldron or the Three Broomsticks for a delicious meal (likely prepared by the house elves). They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Take a stroll through all the shops in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. And take a picture in front of Platform 9 and 3/4!
The food and adult beverages make it a fun adventure for adults. The rides happen to be a big bonus!
15) Universal CityWalk
Welcome to Universal CityWalk, the ultimate entertainment complex! Offering a variety of dining, shopping and engaging activities located between Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. You do not even need theme park tickets to enjoy all that CityWalk has to offer.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. delivers a unique dining experience with a Gulf-coast-inspired menu, friendly service and an atmosphere filled with fun memorabilia.
- The new Bigfire is open! They have delicious steak and fresh seafood.
- If you want something different, try Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar. They have a combination of sushi and burgers.
- You will enjoy freshly made pastas and hand-tossed pizzas from VIVO Italian Kitchen!
- If you’re short on time, you can go to Bread Box Handcrafted Sandwiches or Red Oven Pizza Bakery for quick service that won’t take up a lot of your time.
So come experience this exciting hub for yourself – you won’t regret it!
16) Go kayaking around Orlando
There are a few places around Orlando that allow you to go kayaking! The closest one to the city is located in Winter Park, with Get Up and Go Kayaking. For $60, you can explore the beautiful lakes in the area in a 100% clear kayak.
17) Watch a film at the Enzian Theater
For an extraordinary movie-watching experience, come to Enzian Theater! In addition to all the latest films, you can also enjoy a delectable meal or beverage on their spacious outdoor patio.
All in all, Orlando is one of the best cities to visit. Here, you will have a phenomenal time with your family and friends. With world-class entertainment, along with endless dining options, there is no doubt that you will have an unforgettable time. If you are visiting Orlando, be sure to download our guide, so you have direct access to the top things to do in Orlando for adults.
Are you looking for fun things to do in Orlando, Florida? Disney Springs is one of the most sought-after places to visit! Disney Springs is perfect if you love to shop at specialty stores and enjoy...
Florida is a magnificent place to explore. You can visit gorgeous beaches, spectacular springs, and charming cities within a short drive from Orlando. Since Orlando is situated in the center of the...
One thought on “17 Best Places to Hangout in Orlando: A Complete Guide for Adults”
I Love Walt Disney World Park’s Epcot.